The health and safety of our students and staff is our number one priority and we are committed to supporting our students' wellbeing. Please note: all information in these statements and links was correct at the time of publication - we will update this based on advice from Public Health England and University guidance.
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms please take regular LFD tests, which you can collect from South Lodge. If you test positive for COVID-19 and would appreciate any assistance or support from College, or would like to discuss any other concerns around COVID-19, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Advice for those who are unwell
Many people with mild respiratory symptoms will have other illnesses, such as common cold or hay fever, rather than COVID-19.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you should remain away from on-site work for five days, as this is the most infectious period.*
- If you have a fever or more severe illness, whatever the cause, and cannot be tested for COVID-19, you should stay away from on-site work until the fever subsides and you are asymptomatic.*
- If you have minor respiratory symptoms, you can continue to work on-site, but, if possible, do a lateral flow test (LFD) to ensure you are do not have COVID-19.
- If you have non-COVID respiratory symptoms (or are untested) you should consider wearing a face covering when working on-site while you are symptomatic.
* Staff should continue to report absences to their line manager in line with normal absence reporting procedures.
From Monday 28 March
- Face coverings are no longer required in University buildings (apart from when individuals are embedded in hospital buildings.) and the College’s buildings. Wearing them is a matter of personal choice, and staff and students are asked to respect individuals’ decisions.
- Staff and students are no longer asked to test twice a week while they are living and/or working on-site (unless they are in NHS settings). However, those who have symptoms can continue to use the LFD tests which are available from South Lodge.
The risk of COVID-19 transmission still exists and some staff and students may continue to have concerns. Staff and students are being asked to continue to take steps to reduce COVID-19 risks, and be considerate towards others. This includes:
- Letting fresh air in when indoors
- Respecting those who choose to wear a face covering
- Respecting other people’s space
- Keeping up to date with COVID vaccinations
We recommend that you regularly check the government guidance, University emails and the University website for the most up-to-date details.
You can find the College's self-isolation guidelines here.
You may find this guide for those self-isolating from Oxford SU helpful, and Student Support has put together a variety of useful resources for looking after your wellbeing during the pandemic here.
If you are self-isolating, you can order food to be delivered from Linacre here. Please note that orders must be made by 8am for delivery between 11:30 and 1, and this service runs Monday-Friday. Local company OxWash provides a laundry delivery service, where they pick up your laundry and deliver the washed clothes. You can ask a friend to leave the laundry outside for pick-up.
For medical emergencies, you should call 999.