Free 24/7 Confidential helpline
The service provides a network of dedicated emotional support and practical guidance to students 24/7, 365 days a year. Advisors will be able to help you talk through any number of matters, including stress and anxiety, debt, education pressures, addiction, and relationships.
Calls to the programme will be handled by an experienced therapist or advisor, who will offer support in a friendly, non-judgemental manner. The programme gives unlimited access to BACP-accredited 24/7 mental health and counselling. An interpretation service in over 240 languages and dialects is also available, to support international students and ESOL learners.
Phone: 0800 028 3766
Online Health Portal
The SAP online health portal includes:
- BrightTV (mental health videos and advice)
- Four-week programmes
- Health checks
- Budgeting and financial wellbeing
- Medical factsheets
- Fitness and nutritional advice
The Mobile App provides an enhanced set of wellbeing tools, including an interactive weekly mood tracker, four-week health plans, mini health checks, and live chat and video calling with counsellors at the touch of a button.
The SAP also provides access to:
- Up to 6 sessions of Solution Focused Brief Therapy via telephone and online counselling, per student, per issue, per year (sessions are available seven days a week, including evenings), with the option of structured counselling in your own language.
- Online trauma courses including courses from PowerToRecover®
- Digital counselling, including CBT provided via SilverCloud (clinician-led through Health Assured)
- Medical information from qualified nurses (via telephone helpline Mon to Fri 9am –5pm)
- Legal information and guidance